IntroductionWe are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
- The website www.zerowastedelivery.com or the Zero Waste Delivery app (App) (together, our Site) which is owned and operated by First Essentials Ltd, trading as The Zero Waste Delivery Company (ZWD) (we or us). We are a private limited company registered in England with company number 08704645. Our office mailing address is 32 London Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 2AB
- any of the services we provide through our Site (Services) including but not limited to when you buy products with us via our Site, or if you contact us or we contact you about our Services; and
- the purchase of any of our products or services as an offline customer of The Zero Waste Delivery Company, whereby ordered or placed directly with our delivery staff or over telephone and not via the Site.
References to our Site in this Policy applies to the Site however you may access it, including access via our App (available via Google Play or Apple App Store) or whenever you access the Site when optimised for use on mobile or tablet devices
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679), including any subsequent amending, supplemental or replacement legislation, the data controller is First Essentials Ltd.
This Policy is regularly reviewed to ensure that we continue to serve your privacy interests. We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time, with any updates published on our Site. We therefore encourage you to review our Policy periodically for the most up to date information on our privacy practices. We will not however substantially change the way we use personal information you have already provided to us without the appropriate prior agreement. By continuing to use our Site after a Policy change you are indicating your acceptance of the revised Policy terms.
You do not need to register to browse our Site, and this Policy sets out how we will use your personal information, regardless of whether you register with us, when you are generally browsing and using our Site, or if you are an offline customer of Zero Waste Delivery. If you would like to register with us so that we can keep you informed about other products, offers, promotions, information and services which we offer and which we think may be of interest to you, then please see the Keeping you informed section of this Policy.
You do need an account to use our App, however you will be directed to our Site to register if you don’t have an account. Please read this Policy carefully before you browse our Site and/or register with us. If you do not agree with the ways in which we intend to use your personal information then please do not continue to use our Site.
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- enter your postcode into our Site to see if we deliver to your area or to see what products are available in your local area.
· enter your name, email address and postcode into our Site so that we can let you know when we start delivering in your area.
- register on our Site.
- register or purchase products from Zero Waste Delivery as an offline customer.
- correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- your name
- your billing and delivery address
- your e-mail address
- your phone number
- your financial and credit card information
- your contact preferences
- your delivery preferences and instructions
1. technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to our Site, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, location data, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
2. information about your visit to our Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); time of day and products you viewed, searched for or place in your basket; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, devices used to access our Site and any phone number used to call our customer support services number.
3. information about the products you have purchased including any promotions used, the frequency of your orders and spend patterns.
4. Information about your use of our App, including what device you access it from and how frequently you access it.
1. our partner Stripe Payment Platform whose registered address is 9th Flr, 107 Cheapside, London, EC2V 6DN, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 08480771, who provides the payment software for the processing of all orders through our Site and who may process your personal information for counter fraud and anti-money laundering purposes as well as payment processing. Alternatively Barclays Bank Plc, trading as Barclaycard, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 01026167 whose registered address is 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP (Barclaycard). For further details of what information Barclaycard processes and how, please see their Terms and Conditions: https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/privacy-policy?ref=top-nav.
2. our sales agents, franchise operators or independent delivery drivers, who are contracted by us to deliver our products to you and who may process your personal information in order to process and deliver your order to you. When you create your account with us we will assign an agent or franchise operator to you and will provide you with their details.
7. our partner website developers who may process your personal information (name and address, contact details) for the purposes of developing, analysing, maintaining, supporting and testing our Site. Our current partner website developers is: Design Unlimited Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 8929009 whose address is Paradise Cottage, Wheal Hope, Goonhaven, Cornwall, TR49QJThe Varnish Works, 3 Bravingtons Walk, London N1 9AJ.
8. our partner marketing agencies who may receive aggregated purchase data (details of purchases made via our Site combined from multiple customers) to help us to determine our marketing campaigns. Our current partner agency is The Good Marketeer Group Limited Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 10858906 whose address is 1 Primrose Street, London EC2A 2EX;
9. our partner companies who may receive your details or details of your purchases and orders in order for them to process an order or to order a third party product offered by us
As a user of our Site or as an offline customer of Zero Waste Delivery, we may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide you with the Services that you request from us including processing payments and refunds for orders you have made with us
- To carry out our obligations to you, such as delivering any Services or orders that you have purchased through our Site or as an offline customer
- To check or confirm your identity if you contact us about an order you have placed via our Site or as an offline customer, in order to identify, prevent, detect or tackle fraud, money laundering or other crime
- To provide you with updates relating to your order placed via our Site or as an offline customer, wherever this function or service is available
- If you agree, to provide you with information about other goods and services or events that we think may be of interest to you (please see the Keeping you informed section of this Policy)
- To manage your account and respond to your queries, including keeping a record of the orders you have placed with us and contacting you about any payments relating to your account and/or orders with us
- To remind you about items in your basket that you haven’t yet proceeded to purchase on the Site
- To use features of social media platforms, for example if you 'like' a page or product or share a 'tweet' then we may link the information from the marketing features of those social media platforms to information we collect through our Site to help us form a better understanding of your interests and to keep you updated with our products, services, offers, promotions and information (please see the Keeping you informed section of this Policy)
- To notify you about changes to our Site or other ordering process (e.g. offline service literature)
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device (computer, tablet, phone or other device). We may use information from cookies and similar technologies to help us with this
- To create aggregated or statistical data to use for analytical or research purposes to understand and improve customer service, website experience, and your interest in products and services. We may share aggregated or statistical information with third parties for their similar purposes
- To maintain, protect and improve our Site and our Services, and to keep our Site safe and secure
- We only use location information in a way that is necessary to provide the Services and deliver the products that you want. If you have not allowed your location information to be sent (through the settings menu on your Device), then location information will not be sent.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or our (including our offline customer terms and conditions) or where we think it appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our staff and contractors and partners, visitors to our Sites, our registered consumers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and anti-money laundering.
Keeping you informed
We would like to send you information about our Services and the Zero Waste Delivery business based on interests you have shown when browsing our Site, purchasing products via our Site or as an offline customer, to identify other products, offers, promotions, information and services which we offer or details of relevant upcoming events which we think may be of interest to you.
This may include information about Zero Waste Delivery products and product information; (b) offers and promotions (e.g. vouchers or discounts); (c) Zero Waste Delivery news updates; (d) your thoughts and/or opinions about our products or services (for marketing research purposes); and/or (e) information and services which we offer and which we think may be of interest to you.
If you would prefer us not to process your personal information for direct marketing purposes you have the right to ask us not to do so at any time. Please see the Contact us section of this Policy.
Subject to certain statutory exceptions, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you. You can exercise this right by emailing or writing to us (please see the Contact us section of this Policy) to request this.
All personal information you provide to us will be stored on secure cloud servers or those of third parties or contractors we engage to help us run our business. We will keep information no longer than we need to for the purpose for which we collected it. The period of time for which we keep personal information depends on any legal retention period to which we are subject and according to business needs. If you have registered with us then we will keep your personal information for at least as long as you are registered with us.
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and held by us, or third parties/contractors at a destination outside of the European Economic Area that does not have equivalent data protection laws to those in the UK. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe
- Where we use providers based in the USA, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the USA.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates including social media sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them (including those linked to your location) have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for the processing of your personal information by those parties. Please check those policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Please help us to keep your personal details up to date by promptly notifying us of any changes, for example if you change address or telephone number.
If you need to change your personal details or preferences at any time please contact us (please see the Contact us section of this Policy) or log into our Site and update your details in your Account.
We review the ways we use your information regularly and, in doing so, we may change what kind of information we collect, how we store it, who we share it with and how we act on it.
Postal: Zero Waste Delivery, 32 London Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 2AB
Telephone: 01483 858751
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) regulates data protection and privacy matters in the United Kingdom. They make a lot of information accessible to consumers on their website and they ensure that the registered details of all data controllers, such as First Essentials ltd, are available publicly. You can access them at www.ico.org.uk.
Last Updated: June 2020